Page 1 of 1

T&P news from 1917

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 am
by dhogan
New depots at Meeker and Rapides, La.
Station at Denton, Tx. remodeled.
Fuel oil stations built or improved at Texarkana, Longview Jct., Wills Point, and Ft. Worth.
New coal plant at Mingus.
New water station at Toyah.
New freight house at Abilene.
Installation of transfer table at Marshall.
Construction of tracks to Camp Bowie.
Construcrion of tracks to Camp Taliferro (Benbrook).
Extending four roundhouse stalls at Baird.
64.6 miles of track ballasted with gravel.
56 miles of 56 lb. rail replaced with 75 lb.
64 miles of 75 lb. rail replaced with 85 lb.
Installation of 90 ft. turntable at Ft. Worth.

[Information excerpted from annual report.]