Cy Martin - Obituary

Tell us your stories about the people you know who worked for the T&P.
Ted
Site Admin

Cy Martin - Obituary

Post by Ted »

Jay Cy Martin, 77, passed away Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011.

Jay "Cy" Martin was born Jan. 22, 1934, in Fort Smith, Ark. He was raised in Fort Worth. Cy was a 1951 graduate of Carter Riverside High School and a 1962 graduate of North Texas State University.

Cy served in the U.S. Air Force. In 1954 he was a physics teacher. He owned and operated Water Valley Telephone Co., two West Texas weekly newspapers and the Texas Export Railroad Co.

Cy was a master brewer and owned and operated the Texas Brewing Co. Later he hired out on T&PRR and retired from Union Pacific Railroad as an engineer. He was a Master Mason.

Cy was preceded in death by his wife, Wynema June Martin, and two children, Jerry Waggoner and Dee Lynn McLaurin.

Survivors: Children, Tawnya McLaurin and husband, Don, of Justin, David Cy Martin and wife, Kim, of Longview, Laury Tanner and husband, Gary, of San Angelo and Danell Delang of Hendersonville, Tenn.; grandchildren, Jeremy Hudson, Travis Hudson, Ty Price, Jamie Heissler, Lindsey Woods, Emmy Martin, Jessica Martin, John Hall Martin, Brandon Tanner, Shawna Whitney and Dakota Delang; six great-grandchildren; and brother, David Martin and wife, Nina Jo.

Service: 2 p.m. Wednesday in the chapel of J.E. Foust & Sons Funeral Directors, 523 S. Main St., Grapevine.

Interment: Grapevine Cemetery, Grapevine. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.

tpmpup

Re: Cy Martin - Obituary

Post by tpmpup »

Sorry to learn of the passing of Cy.I worked with him back in the days he worked out of Mineola.Always a pleasure to work with.He liked to joke around and he could tell good stories.I googled him a few years ago to see if I could find any info on him and came across some stories he had written .They were great recollections of years gone by and I really enjoyed reading them.David if you see this,I'm really sorry to hear of the passing of your dad.