T&P train wrecks

Open to discussion about other railroads throughout the Great Southwest and beyond.
jammerkid

T&P train wrecks

Post by jammerkid »

I'm new to the site and can not maneuver it very good. With that said, I still need help with a T&P question or two. Does T&P have an history archives that dwells on past train wrecks? I am trying to doing some research on a wreck of Nov. 27, 1946 a few miles west of Loraine, Texas. I found one little Abilene newspaper article offering not much info. I am looking for extensive data on this wreck...maybe an old T&P internal report. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Ed [email protected]

Robin

Re: T&P train wrecks

Post by Robin »

How about Loraine, Tx? Only one I show for that date.

Robin Warren
Ivanhoe, Tx

JEBKaiser

Post by JEBKaiser »

I am also new to this site and am looking for info on my great grandfather Charles (Charly) Earnest Cox. He was from the Longview/Marshall, TX station and was killed in a train accident in 1934 - I believe in Feb. or March of that year. I can't find any info on the accident or find a death certificate for him. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Judy Kaiser

tpmpup

Post by tpmpup »

If you will search texas & pacific on ebay ,sometimmes there is a seller with a cd of train wrecks on the T&P going back to the early 1900's.I don' t know what kind of info they have on them,but you could probably ask the seller.