* 1 very ripe cantaloupe (over ripe yields the most juice)
* 1 cup water
* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 2 tablespoons flour (more or less depending on how juicy your cantaloupe is)
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1 prebaked pie crust
1. Slice cantaloupe in half, deseed and remove rind, reserving all juices. Cut into small pieces and push through a ricer.
2. Place melon with juice and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Mix sugar and flour and slowly add to hot mixture, stirring constantly.
4. Add butter and nutmeg, stir until butter melts.
5. Cool and pour into prebaked pie crust.
6. If desired, top with meringue made according to your favorite recipe and brown in oven.
http://www.recipezaar.com/Cantaloupe-Pi ... fic-226076
1 post • Page 1 of 1